Grenadine Registrations are built to allow a variety of registration scenarios. In some cases, you may want to offer discounts for specific groups of people or special free ticket types. Promo Codes in Grenadine give you the ability to reserve hidden ticket types on your Registration pages, which allows only people with your promo codes access to those ticket types.
Promo Codes can be used in Grenadine to allow specific users (those who have been given the promo code) to view ticket types that are not visible or available to the general public. Promo codes in Grenadine are not associated with a discount, but instead associated with a hidden ticket type which is discounted or free. This can include scenarios such as:
- Add-on tickets for spouses/dependents
- Discounted price tickets for members
- Free tickets for students
Promo codes can also be used if you are organizing an event that is invitation only to ensure only those you have sent the promo code to will be able to purchase tickets.
Setting up a Promo Code Ticket in Grenadine
To use a Promo Code in Grenadine, follow these simple steps:
- Create a new code in the Promo Codes table, specifying the number available and date range.
- Create a new ticket type (or edit an existing ticket type) and associate your Promo Code with the ticket type. This will hide the ticket type from your public registrations and add a Promo code field to your Registration page.
- Share your Promo Code with your attendees (Mass Mailing is a preferable option for filtering your people and sending your promo code). Once the number of available promo codes have been exhausted, attendees will no longer be able to purchase a ticket with that promo code.
Quick Tip: Promo Codes can be associated with one or more of your ticket types. This allows you to offer multiple ticket types under a single Promo Code and prevent selling those ticket types when the number of available Promo Codes is exhausted.