You can import people into the event’s “people list” by uploading an Excel spreadsheet. You can map the columns from the sheet to those in the system.
To import an existing list of people go to the Grenadine People section and click on the Import icon. You can upload a Microsoft Excel file and import it directly by mapping each of your columns to Grenadine people fields.
Navigation Path #
Grenadine Event Manager > Event > People > Import > Start
Import Wizard #
The import wizard will guide you through the following steps:
Select the file you import located on your workstation.
Once you have chosen the files you wish to import click the Next Step
Once the file is selected, the “Map fields” will shod rows of data that found in your file. You now need to map the correct Grenadine fields to the columns in your file. If you want to skip one or columns, leave those columns unmapped. They will not be imported. Please note that the “first name” and “last name” columns are mandatory.
- Place your mouse cursor on the table below and scroll right to see all possible columns, if they are not entirely visible.
- If your file has column names in the first row, leave the “ignore first-row” box checked. The first row will not be imported.
- If you need to do quick corrections before importing your file, you can hover your mouse over a field and edit the contents directly in the table by double-clicking.
This page shows the status and progress of the import process. Once completed, just click on the Next Step.
Importable Fields #
Here are the fields that you can import:
- Prefix – The prefix to the name, for example, “Mr.”, “Ms.”, “Dr.”
- First name – This field is mandatory.
- Last name – This field is mandatory.
- Suffix – Name suffix, for example “Sr.” or “MD”
- Prefix (publishable) *
- First name (publishable) *
- Last name (publishable) *
- Suffix (publishable) *
- Job title – Job title, like “Director”, “Marketing Assistant”, etc.
- Organization – Name of the organization or company
- Street address (line 1) – First line of the address. Example: 4529 Clark Street
- Street address (line 2) – Second line of the address, for example “Suite 201”
- ZIP Code or postal code
- State or province
- Email – This field is mandatory.
Note: Publishable names are used instead of real names on published materials (website, paper, mobile apps, etc.) for those people in your list who use special “stage names”, “artist names”, or “pen names”. These fields are not mandatory and can be skipped if you don’t need to use publishable names. Finally, you only need to specify publishable names for those who use them, and these fields can be left empty for others.
Sample Files #
Here are sample files you can use as templates for your importable data:
- Microsoft Excel
- Open Office Calc: